Thursday, October 10, 2013

500 Posts. Good Gosh.

First, exciting news!

The beautiful people at Sven are offering you beautiful people 20 percent off of your online order with code: COOL CLOGS.

7b2935e6307f11e387df22000ae803ad_8

The code is valid until Oct. 31, so log on to get your clog on!

And now, more exciting news...

This is my 500th post!

My fifth blogiversary was last month, and I totally neglected it. I didn't even buy the Frump flowers or tell it that I still love it. Moral of the story: Never date me.

Instead of squishing in a half-assed anniversary celebration, I will use my posting quincentenary as an excuse to look back upon lo these many hundreds of posts.

Lemme take a minute to sift through the archives...

06-30
sifting though the backlog, 2009

If you've never perused my extensive backlog (incidentally, the phrase I use as a pick-up line), then you're in for an awkward treat (also something I might say during a romantic encounter).

Five years is a long effing time. While my style has evolved, I seem to have kept true to my foundation of the ridiculous, costume-y and bizarre.

You can get older without growing up, y'all.

But there are some items that I once wore that are just... Ugh. Yuck. Here's the highlights of heinousness from my first year:

Bad Blogging Ideas
The ugly


1. That cropped vest. I can't even.
Originally blogged here

2. Okay, this getup is not bad for showing off gams but it is pretty revealing and/or blue to wear for a day at your desk.
Originally blogged here

3.  I think someone gave the crocheted tunic and I was trying to figure out an innovative way to wear it. Innovative does not equal hideous, Haltermon. Also, why did I ever even have shorts of that length? They have to be the least flattering article of clothing in history.
Originally blogged here

4. I actually still have all of these pieces, except for the sweater, and they are each okay on their own. But with their powers combined, it's just a flouncy travesty.
Originally blogged here

5. I wore the crap out of this black mini dress. Looking back, I'm not sure why I loved it so much. It fit well, sure, but was made of terrible fabric in a not-very-flattering cut.
Originally blogged here

6. Those shoes! They're terrible! Someone go back in time and stop me!
Originally blogged here

As you can see, I was still playing with layers and trying to figure out what pieces could be made appropriate with the right styling. Epic fail, but A+ for effort.

Despite the too many layers train wreck, I actually wore some pretty decent duds my inaugural blog year. While I might not wear them now, I am not disturbed by the fact that I was at one time seen in public rocking these ensembles.

Good Blogging Ideas
The good

1. I still have this jumper-thing! I still love it though, as a trigenarian, I am less apt to wear without something underneath for fear of uncovering my undercarriage with its scandalous length.
Originally blogged here

2.  Chokers! Seriously, why don't I wear more chokers?! I have a black leather number that I haven't even worn yet, just languishing in my jewelry box. I need to get on that.
Originally blogged here

3. I love this dress. So wearable and '90s. Look, I wore it just a few months ago.
Originally blogged here

4.WHERE HAS THIS TOP GONE? Did I get rid of it? 'Cause if I did, I'm an idiot! Damn me!
Originally blogged here

5. I don't think I own any of this anymore, but I adore how sweetly it all came together. Notice the choker? I did, too!
Originally blogged here

6. I actually wore this to a job interview. Maybe I startled them with the extent of my stems, but I didn't get the gig. Oh well. I looked herra pook.
Originally blogged here

What do you think? Are you wearing the same ol' stuff you donned five years ago? Or are you a brand new person?

No comments: