My parents always called the first year of parenting "The Year of the Fog," and man, have I learned why.
But through the fog of infant firsts, the slog through sleepless nights, and the mist of missing family and friends, 2018 has been a hell of a year.
Era took his first steps and Quincy and I took a giant leap into home ownership. Era was promoted to solid food and I earned a promotion at work. Era began communicating and Quincy quit his commute and became a work-from-home dad.
Yes, things are a little foggy, but I'll have this mix, my 2018 in Revue, to help me remember the hard work and happiness that happened these past 12 months.
And track #1? That's Era's favorite song.
2018 in Revue
1. Dancing in the Moonlight – King Harvest
2. Jean Grae & Quelle Chris feat. Dane Orr – Gold Purple Orange
3. Fuzz – Raise
4. Aretha Franklin – I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You)
5. Clairo – B.O.M.D.
6. Amanaz – Khala My Friend
7. Erika Wennerstrom – Extraordinary Love (WCPO Lounge Act)
8. Benny Goodman & Peggy Lee – On the Sunny Side of the Street
9. Dolly Parton – I’m Gonna Sleep With One Eye Open
10. Dead Moon – It’s O.K.
Download the whole happenin' here.
Float the stream on my YouTube playlist.