Sunday, January 12, 2014

Travels with Quincy: New Orleans on Me

DSC05048
all the Gorrie details

Thursday, that handsome fella and I made our break from the Sunshine state. But not before we explored local legend John Gorrie's adorable museum!

John Gorrie was A/C pioneer, earning the first patent for mechanical refrigeration in 1851. Quincy is modeling a replica of his ice-making creation, above.

Hot and cool at the same time, amirite?

Steering the wheel of fate...
steers for fears

The Gorrie Museum also covered the history of Apalachicola, and I got to play with a giant steering wheel.

Win!

We rolled into New Orleans Thursday evening, and have been staying with two incredibly awesome ladies:

Untitled
kitty canoodle

This is Caroline and she's cuddling her roommate's kitty, Xochitl. We just call her Zoch because we can.

Anyway, Caroline has a badass job designing and painting Mardi Gras floats. That's her job. And she is incredibly good at it.

IMG956016
float on

I've had a rad time catching up with this talented lady. Hey. She has a blog called the Boasting Ghost. You should, as I, read it. Then, we should all pressure Caroline into updating her blog more often. Come ooonnn!

Blog peer pressure. We has it.

I've also been spending time with Mike, one of my oldest friends. He and I called the same small Kentucky city home for the first half of our lives but Mike has made New Orleans home for the past several years. He's a fantastic tour guide...

Untitled
I like Mike

...And took me all through City Park.

It was gorgeous.

Wind chime tree... Sounds hippy-dippy in theory but is truly rad to experience. #nola #roadtrip #nofilter
Wind chime tree: Not as hippy-dippy as expected

As soon as I finish this blog post, Mike and Caroline and I are going to get some dinner.

Soooo... Adios!

No comments: