Sunday, July 14, 2013

30 in 30 by 30: Baseball Heritage Tour

This is the sixth in my 30 in 30 by 30 series, wherein I undertake 30 adventures in 30 days before I turn 30 years old on Aug. 6.

Today's adventure was a historical baseball tour courtesy of the Cincinnati Museum Center.

DSC01813
Crosley field's home plate, y'all

Dad's birthday was last month and for our gift, my sister Laurie, her husband Alex and I opted to present our father with tickets to the Museum Center's Cincinnati Heritage Programs Tour entitled "Take Me Out to the Ballparks."

And then we took Dad out!

And he called Laurie out...

DSC01823
My old Cincinnati home plate

For eight solid hours, my family and I scoped out the site of the historic Crosley Field in Cincinnati's Queensgate neighborhood, peeked behind the scenes at Great American Ballpark and played in the Red's Hall of Fame and Museum.

I'm not the hugest of baseball aficionados but it was all fantastically edifying and, between you and me, it was great just to play with my loved ones.

DSC01843
Where the visiting team hangs their hats

DSC01903
Floor-to-ceiling beer kegs in the bowels of the ballpark

DSC01929
The family making "Dustyface"

DSC01934
Hangout in the Red's dugout

DSC01963
Dad, overseeing the media room

DSC01994
Me and my new boyfriend Joe Morgan

DSC02008 DSC02039
Laurie outfielding; Me outlandishing

DSC02027
Two of Dad's passions in one small sign

DSC02047
I think we just won a World Series?

DSC02059
This is our special paver stone outside of Great American Ballpark. Yep. We're special.

Yay for familial happenings!

No comments: