Sunday, July 21, 2013

30 in 30 by 30: Russell Theatre Tour

This is the twelfth in my 30 in 30 by 30 series, wherein I undertake 30 adventures in 30 days before I turn 30 years old on Aug. 6.

Friday, I toured the Russell Theatre in Maysville, Kentucky with some pretty awesome loved ones!

DSC02169

I wrote about the Russell last summer, and touring it has been an obsession ever since.

DSC02173

Dedicated locals have raised the funds to restore the lobby, above, but there is still a ton of work to be done...

DSC02195

While standing on the stage is not a standard portion of the tour, our guide was gracious since this is an adventure in honor of my birthday... I'm an awfully lucky lady.

DSC02208

I highly encourage you to "like" the Russell on Facebook and follow them on Twitter. You can tour the theatre on July 28... I can't recommend it enough.

DSC02163

I will be eternally grateful for Luanne K. Mattingly and John DeMoya for making this tour happen!

No comments: