Monday, July 22, 2013

30 in 30 by 30: American Sign Museum

This is the fourteenth in my 30 in 30 by 30 series, wherein I undertake 30 adventures in 30 days before I turn 30 years old on Aug. 6.

Sunday, Quincy and I hit the American Sign Museum.

DSC02242
royal pain

Alright, I'll admit that the concept of a cache of placards doesn't necessarily sound astounding.

But the American Sign Museum is an exhilarating amalgamation of relics that illustrate the best of art, science and commerce. It's a unique art form that elegantly captures popular culture and distills the Zeitgeist of any given era.

Plus, come on. These signs just look cool.

DSC02323
crotch-ety

DSC02251
What's all the hubbub, bulb?

DSC02275
getting tired

DSC02279
pops-top

Admission was $15 each but since we showed an hour before closing, the nice folks at the front desk gave us the student rate of $10. I'd say these pictures were well worth the price, no?

No comments: