Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Dayton Advice

Saturday, my buddy Josh Flowers and I went to Dayton, Ohio!

Untitled
The DATV station was filled with fabulous fine art.

Josh was interviewed for a DATV show called "Film Speak." I'm not sure when it will air, but you should totally try to catch it, if you're into hearing funny people talk about Robert Redford movies.

I am very into hearing funny people talk about Robert Redford movies. Or maybe I'm just very into Robert Redford. Whatever.

After he was done being famous, Josh Flowers and I hit the Woodland Cemetery to visit the graves of Orville and Wilbur Wright.

DSC05399
Wright of passage

Yes, we go to cemeteries for fun.

Untitled
leave Wright now

SO FUN.

I don't even know what I was doing in the picture above. I blame Josh Flowers.

DSC05395

The Woodland Cemetery is vast and well-kept and if you're very strange, it's a great place to spend an afternoon. Erma Bombeck is also buried there but word to the wise: Her grave marker is a rock. Just a rock. You've been warned.

As if visiting the eternal resting place of historic figures wasn't enough fun, Josh Flowers and I decided to dine on some ice cream at Young's Jersey Dairy.

Untitled
crazyface and ice-cream-face are very similar

If you've never been, Young's is an ice cream shop that has run amok. A petting zoo, batting cages, miniature golf, a diner... I go for the hot fudge sundaes and the baby animals.

You can't go wrong with confections and calves.

DSC05409
calf-eteria

Agh. Adorbs.

Untitled

Thanks to Josh Flowers for driving everywhere.

Hope your weekend was as wondrous!

No comments: