Wednesday, July 31, 2013

30 in 30 by 30: Fiesta at Fillmore's

This is the twenty-third in my 30 in 30 by 30 series, wherein I undertake 30 adventures in 30 days before I turn 30 years old on Aug. 6.

Yesterday, I had a fiesta at Fillmore's Dairy Hut.

DSC02630
fiesta face

In case you don't know, Fillmore's is a diner that serves burgers, Cincinnati-style chili and a crapload of awesome desserts. It's for the times when you want some delicious and decidedly not-gourmet.

I asked the teen behind the counter to elucidate for me which of the menu offerings was most decadent. He gave me a vacant stare and mumbled that he didn't know what "decadent" meant.

I felt, possibly for the first time, like a bona fide crotchety 30-year-old.

DSC02635

...And then I ate this, a "fiesta," for dinner.

There's no cure for feeling old like eating your weight in sprinkles.

No comments: