Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Love and Puppies

7/30

DSC03572
Mary is my life mentor. As my boss (she hated being called my boss) at my last job, she patiently guided me into the world of practical environmental outreach. Needless to say, I miss her and our trust third musketeer, Kelly, quite a bit.

Last month, Mary had to have surgery to remove a fibroid. She came out of it just fine - She named the fibroid Ruprecht and had a "coming out" party for him. At her party, we just happened to have all the employees past and present of Boone County Solid Waste and opted to snap this family picture of us all.

Left to right: Rosie, current intern; Melissa, past Enforcement Officer; Kelly, current Enforcement Officer; me, past Environmental Educator; Mary, forever the Solid Waste Services Supervisor

DSC03577
The party was at Kelly's. This is her super precious Miniature Pinscher, Princess.

DSC03576
She's awfully friendly.

striped top - Forever 21
dress - thrift
shoes - BC Footwear

7/31

DSC03600
The next day, my family took a little trip to the Dayton Art Institute as an early celebration of my birthday (it was August 6). So fun! And a fine looking family, too, if I do say so myself.