Friday, November 21, 2008

week in the knees

Here is this week's fashion plate pics. I was (okay, I still am) super busy at work so I didn't have my normal ten minutes a day to steal for style updates.

11/17
11-17
Basically, this outfit was a transparent attempt to wear a bunch of new pieces at once. Everyone, let's give a warm welcome to my new black leggings, plaid socks, Free People dress, and blue top from the Gap.

On a side note: I have been morally opposed to leggings for some time and only recently did I realize that instead of thinking of them as footless tights (barf), I should have been thinking of them as really tight pants. I am extremely in favor of really tight pants.

On a side side note: Faithful readers may note that I actually wore footless tights to Freddie Mercury's birthday party. It was a night of glam rock. Rules were broken.

Things of thrift: the boots and the scarf on the boot

11/18
11-18
I was running late this morning and as I took a last look at myself in the mirror, I was overcome by the thought that I kind of looked like Hannah Montana. I didn't have time to change and anyway, I can't live my life in fear of the spector of tween pop stars.

Things of thrift: the vest, necklace, and boots

11/20
11-20
Ghost hands today because my camera immediately died just after taking this and I had no chance to retake it. Man, I love this black sweater.

Things of thift: the navy blue top and boots

11/21
11-21
I still haven't recharged my camera so I took this with the work one. I love this jumper. It came from the thrift store and used to be big, long, puffy shorts. I altered it into this skirt and it magically became lovely.

Things of thrift: the jumper and belt

No comments: