Tuesday, October 14, 2008

If you can't be good, at least look good.

I went golfing Friday for the first time ever!
10-10-08 golf
I was quite terrible but my buddies commended me for at least being the best-dressed on the green. I know I should boycott this silly sport because of its horrendous environmental impact but I actually had fun. I might never play again but I may just wear this outfit again ...

The shoes and hat were from a thift store. The shoes were real old-school golf shoes with the cleats and everything and they cost me $1.50. The socks and shorts were from TJ Maxx. The little breeches were made by Billabong, actually, and were on clearance for $7. The top is one that I just had lying around. I'm sure I got it at a thrift store somewhere. The sweater is the one part of this that I bought full-price. It was just freaking perfect even though it was $25 at Old Navy. I bought those sunglasses at the world's oldest gas station, coming home from New Orleans last spring.

10/14
10-14-08
I hate these tights. I know they match and all but they are of the plastic-y feeling squashy breed and they are no fun to wear. The dress makes up for that, though, with its superhuman softness. I sometimes sleep in it.

The shoes are by Zodiac, I got the legwarmers at Target, and I can't remember from which circle of Hell I picked up these cursed tights. The dress was from JC Penny, I think. My mom gave it to me. The cropped sweater is from TJ Maxx and the necklace is from this antique shop in Burlington. I can't remember it's name exactlybut it's something like Vintage Books and Things.

3 comments:

Laurie H said...

looking at this blog reminds me of how no one appreciates your outfits like i. and no one ridicules my outfits like you.

i don't even know why but i like that golf outfit...

Kim said...

I come from a family of golfers (I suck though) and that golf outfit might just be the most amazing thing I've ever seen both on and off a golf course.

Becky Haltermon Robinson said...

Hahah, thank you! I was really excited to put it together ... I spent more time on my look than my swing!