Saturday, December 19, 2020

2020 in Revue (Whew)

Hindsight's 2020, right?

Reviewing 2020 feels like looking back on seven years.

Despite everything, 2020 had some incredible bright spots. I got to stay home with Minna until she was 11 months old. I started a new job that I love. Quincy's hour-plus-long commute evaporated into WFH quarantine. Our kids started a lovely new daycare and are thriving. We connected with our neighbors in incredibly meaningful ways.


I'm not sure all of this is reflected in my Year in Revue mix, but I hope it shows the joy of toddler dance parties and the pain of missing far-flung family; the quiet reflection that solitude affords and the screaming stress of overlapping responsibilities. It was a year of baby cuddles and election struggles. It was a year of deepening relationships. It was a year of growth.

So here it is: All of the songs I fell in love with in 2020. I hope you enjoy.

2020 in Revue

1. Sarah Vaughan - Day In Day Out
2. Beck - Colors
3. Travis Scott & Kid Cudi - The Scotts
4. Dave Mason - World in Changes
5. Elvis Presley - Blue Moon of Kentucky
6. DJ Schmolli - Take a Bow to Kenny Rogers
7. Lauren Eylise & The Part Time Lovers - Peaks and Valleys (Tiny Desk Concert)
8. The Donkeys - Black Cat
9. John Prine - I Remember Everything 
10. Bill Withers - Lean on Me

Stream the mix on YouTube

Download the file

If you'd like an actual CD in the mail, this year's model includes a stick of Palo Santo to aid in your energy cleansing, meditation, or to just blow the stink off this year. Your call.

Just email me your address and I'll drop it in the mail.

Here's to continuing to grow in 2021. 

No comments: