2017 was year, amirite? For me, it was a crazy ride of disappointment, career growth, a deeper relationship with my partner, a new babe, and ultimately, hope for what the future holds.
I'm not sure that is all reflected in this, the list of songs I fell in love with this year. But, it is a tiny time capsule that reflects much of where my mind lingered these last 12 months.
2017 in Revue
1. Astral Plane - Valerie June
2. Inigradan - Fatou Seidi Ghali, Alamnou Akrouni
3. Roly Poly - Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys
4. Wearing Nothing - Dagny
5. Wait - The J. Geils Band
6. (You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!) - Hotrats
7. Hitler Lives - Rosalie Allen
8. May I Have This Dance (Remix) - Francis and the Lights feat. Chance the Rapper
9. Only God Knows - Young Fathers feat. Leith Congregational Choir
10. Sin City - Donald E. Clare
Download the mix.
Listen to the mix on YouTube. - Though, this is missing the last track.
Or, if you're inclined to trade mixes, email me and I will mail you a CD with one of the handmade blocks pictured above.
I hope your 2018 is starting off hopefully.