Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Nail Mail

Over lunch yesterday, my sister told me that, unbeknownst to either of us, we were famous in high school.

Laurie had run into a public school peer possibly named Megan. I don't remember her name exactly because I was proboscis-deep in some stone bowl bibimbap and was naturally distracted.

Salt Festival 2013_13
This is just a random picture of Laurie and me but feel free to imagine some steaming bowls of rice before us.

Anyway, "Megan" revealed that Laurie was renown in our rural Kentucky secondary school for using a single pen all four years. It was her favorite pen.

As Laurie told me that, we shared puzzled looks over our Korean feast. That's what our classmates noticed about her? High school is even weirder than I remember.

And then, Laurie, her chopsticks held high in triumph, told me that I was famous for always having a perfect manicure.

08-06-99
The shirt may say "punk rock" but the nails say "princess." Taken the summer of 1999, between my sophomore and junior years of high school

Besides the fact that I had no idea people even realized I was alive in high school, I was a little taken aback as it dawned on me how long I've been meticulously honing my home manicure.

For more than 15 years, I have pursued, probed and practiced to perfect my home nail polish process.

I am a crazy person, is what I'm saying.

Red Nails and Legos 1
Sometimes, I fondle orange legos in an effort to show off my fingernails. 

So, in a sincere effort to slather more insanity around the internets, I wrote up my 5.5 Steps for the Perfect Home Manicure.

It may just make you famous.

No comments: