Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Needlework Out

My mom has got the coolest books. I found her 1977 copy of The Complete International Book of Embroidery by Mary Gostelow and it is rocking my sartorial world these days.

Untitled

While Gostelow goes in-depth on the embroidery techniques and designs of cultures across the globe, what is really fascinating is the way needlework pieces are styled for the lady of the late '70s.

Look at the foxy lady above and her awesome top! This is what I'm wearing today, in homage:

DSC08818
Vintage earrings and belt, bodysuit from Tigerlilly, Free People skirt, So? flats

But wait! There's more!

UntitledUntitled

Untitled

UntitledUntitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

If I were you, I'd buy this book. And then, learn all of the techniques. And then sell fantastic crap on Etsy and make a million dollars off of people like me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pics! Could they be recreated using some hipstamatic filters?

...Any credits for the band-aid. :)

Becky Haltermon Robinson said...

You're the photographer fantastic, make it happen!

Fashion bandaids forever!