Thursday, December 15, 2011

New, Blue Christmas

DSC06032

Vintage velvet dresses are where it's at.

I got this one at the Village. Sniff... Sniff... Sorry. I'm still getting emotional. It seems that my favorite thrift store is gone forever.

DSC06034

A heartbroken ode, to the tune of Blue Christmas:

I'll have a blue Christmas without you
I'll be so blue, and continue to pout, too
With those price tags of red, and yellow, and green
No place is the same, dear, since you're not here with me

DSC06037

And when those blue teardrops start falling
That when those thrift deals start calling
Malls will be filled with ado with their merchandise new
But I'll want a used, used, used, used Christmas

DSC06033

You'll be spending much more at your department store
But I'll have a blue, blue Christmas

jacket - Levi's from the Village
dress - vintage from the Village
socks - thrift from the Village
boots - vintage from Atomic No. 10
small necklace - vintage from the Village
large necklace - vintage from the Salt Festival at Big Bone Lick State Park

No comments: