Monday, February 23, 2009

a weekend of vintage hedonism

2/20
02-20
I spent all of Friday playing in Columbus. I feel I did pretty well in my job interview so I celebrated with a haircut from Lucky 13 Salon and sunglasses from Flower Child Vintage.

Don't tell Scott I got a haircut somewhere else .... His mojo is not to be taken lightly.

2/23
02-2302-23 boots
I didn't really document my outfits this weekend because my days were spent with my boyfriend's family and I couldn't cram in a little ego-stroking photo time.

So today I wear a dress I bought at A Gal Named Cinda Lou in Westerville. Oh man. I can't exaggerate how incredibly awesome this shop was. I had to stop at one garment but once my wardrobe endowment is awarded, I will be there every day.

02-23 earromg02-23 makeup
I got these new little earrings at Karavan Treasures in the Short North area. They make me happy and the gentleman at the shop randomly gave me a bottled water. It was adorable.

I also played around with makeup some more. I kind of dig the '60s nude lip and heavy eye makeup combo so imagine how pleased I was when I discovered that Revlon makes the perfect matte nude lipstick. Up until now, I've been using a concealer and chapstick combo. It is not convenient.

02-23 detail
Wondeful buttons, no?

02-23 chair
This is the bathroom of a restaurant and I could tell my dress felt at home on its extremely creepy vintage chair so I snapped a picture.

earrings - Karavan Treasures in Columbus
dress - vintage from A Gal Named Cinda Lou in Westerville
jeans - Free People
cowboy boots - thrift

In other news, anybody want to buy these pants for me?

They're Isaac Mizrahi for Liz Claiborne. Also, if you could order me up some of the sass that Iris Barrel Apfel commands in the picture, I would be forever grateful.

No comments: