Monday, October 6, 2008

high-style hiking and high waistlines

10/5
10-05-08 And this is why ...
Once again, I went hiking in finery. As you can see, there's a reason that most environmentalists don't advocate mini-dresses in the woods. The dress is from a consignment shop that closed years ago. My boots and boot scarf were thrift and the hoodie might be older that the woods I walked.

10/6
10-06-08
I'm taking a break from the Clue theme to wear this new (to me) skirt. It's thrift and high-waisted to the max and is actually quite uncomfortable. Looking down at it distracts me from my waistline distress, though. It's damn awesome. I've got it with the same old thrift store cowboy boots, who, by the way, received a compliment from an extremely aged man today. The brown top is from some outlet and the blue top is by Free People.

No comments: